Legend was recruited to the project by his longtime collaborator Harvey Mason Jr., who is music producer of “Superstar.” The R&B star has been branching out in many directions in recent years, from acting to film, TV and legit production. But the willingness to take on an iconic role and show on live TV marks a new level of performance for him. “He’s so talented and so dedicated to getting these songs right,” Mason said. “He brings something of his own to the songs and that combined with respect for the original performances makes for a cool combination. That’s something I enjoy working with.”
- Behind the Scenes With Walt Disney Imagineering: Updates Iconic ‘Golden Dream’ Anthem for Epcot American Adventure Pavilion
- Music and Audience Take Center Stage in NBC’s ‘Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert’
- John Legend Hits the High Notes in ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ First Look
- How Hip-Hop And R&B Crushed Their Competition: Can Rock Bounce Back?
- Successful People In Hollywood Have These 4 Qualities